Friday, November 5, 2010

England Extras

Hell again folks,
Here are a few more photos from our trip to England.  Apart from Warwick Castle and Thomasland, we also spent some time in Liverpool, walked around St. Helens a bunch, and spent some great time with family in Rainford.  As I said before, it was an amazing trip.  It reinvigorated the travel bug in me.  I can't wait to go on the next trip.  I've been investigating Peru and an African safari, but either might be a bit much at Shea's age.  Oh, where to go with a 3 or 4 year old?  Is it too early for Disney???  Next year, I think we'll be headed to Georgia to spend a week on a private island with a friend from high school and his family.  He did a photo shoot for the owner and can get a great deal on the house.   Anyone else have any ideas, let us know.
Love,
Doug, Jess, and Shea 

 The only decent photo from our first day in England walking around Liverpool.  The fatigue on Jess's face says it all.  Liverpool is an interesting city, but seems to have an identity crisis; they're not sure whether to be modern, or traditional and haven't seemed to blend the two styles very well. 
 Cousin Charlotte looking smashing, or smashed?  You decide.
She was amazing.  She took such great care of Shea, while Mike, Uncle Bill and I watched the St. Helens Saints rugby game on TV and Denise and Jess watched the same game from the game itself!

 Shea finally gets to see the family overseas - up close and personal!  I SEE YOU!

 This is one of my most favorite pictures.  It was so great to see Uncle Bill on this trip.  Despite all he's been through this summer, he still has that unmistakable twinkle in his eye and an amazing spirit.  I hope I have as much spark at his age.  I also had a blast hanging out with him and his mates at his favorite pub, the Derby Arms.   I must admit that I couldn't keep up with him and only lasted 2 beers and left the pub before him.  

 Cousins Mike and Denise were fantastic!  It was so much fun to see them again.  They not only got us tickets for the rugby and soccer games, but they also drove us all around Rainford and St. Helens, introduced us to John Smith's Extra Smooth bitter, took us to the Irish Sea, and taught us all about rugby and the Premier League.  We can't wait to go back!
No trip to Liverpool would be complete without experiencing something related to the Beatles.  OK, so I'm not a big fan, but I must admit I warmed up to them a bit while over there.  Who knows, I might just give them a closer listen. 

No comments: